Pages

Saturday 2 June 2012

Opps...Inhibition.

Hey guys...
How u guys doing recently?
I'm still the same....
work hard on my proposal...>.<
most of the time still I been distracted from movie lor

Schedule still very hectic like hell...
But I do enjoy to be in some classes...especially in muscle balance.
It totally gives a brand new ideas about how muscle function and its potential impairment that can happen in human body...
That's really interesting!!!
From the class....
I got to know that...I got a problem with my butt muscle (gluteus)
that lead to its dysfunction which is due to inhibition.
This muscle is responsible in walking, extending hip to the back....
A prime mover in these two movements.
I do walk normal and able to extend my hip normally.
BUT...
when I lie on my stomach and try to squeeze my butt...
It only turns out with very mild contraction.
Or it can be NO contraction at all!!!! wtf
I been trying hard in my brain to say: 
PLEASE SQUEEZE YOUR BUTT...
and the result is very disappointing...

Then my lecturer got the chance to show my inhibition case in class.

This is the anatomical picture of butt muscles.


I was told that the inhibition happen when the function of my gluteus maximus is taken over by the synergistic muscle.   lets call them as kepo neighbours
To create my gluteus maximus contraction, I need to isolate those synergists.
He taught me some exercises which merely focus on my gluteus maximus only...and magic happen after this.


1. I have to stand with my stomach and upper trunk on couch.
2. Bend my right knee in standing position to 90 degrees.
3. then bring the right leg backward while maintaining the bending in 90 degrees.

From this position, still there is only mild contraction on that particular muscle.
So, we make an advance position in order to get further contraction.

4. In the position of (2), with the knee which already bend to 90 degrees slowly move outward (my right knee should have pointed to right side instead of front.)
5. Then, bring the leg backward again.
By extending my hip in this position, the contraction of my gluteus maximus is amazing and impressive!!!!
Finally, I felt that contraction!!!
 
Those position are aimed to isolate the synergist (muscle)
 I was instructed to do this exercise for 3 days and observed the results.
So, yesterday was the first day for me to start this exercise.
I hope it turns out to be effective to solve my inhibition problem. ^^
 I think my other roommates think I'm a freak cos I basically do this exercise in front of her =.=lll
the position looks awkward lor >.<


 P/S: Don't bring down urself just because of those nonconstructive statements. Have faith in urself!!! 

1 comment: